'Ready To Learn' Daily Checklist
Special Items as needed
Mini French or Spanish dictionary
Maths set (compass, protractor)
Black and blue pens
Green pen for Peer Assessment
Highlighter & whiteboard pen
PE kit when needed
Ingredients and food container for Food & Nutrition when needed
Mini French or Spanish dictionary (when informed of language of study)
Mini English dictionary (optional)
All students are given a planner. In this they should record details of the work set and the date by which it should be completed. Please look at the planner each week, sign it and make written comments where necessary. Form Tutors will monitor the use of the planner.
The use of the planner encourages students to organise their work time efficiently. It enables home and school to work together to identify, at an early stage, any problems which may arise.
A student’s Attitude to Learning is given a grade from L-E-A-R-N to reflect the level of their effort and learning:
ATTITUDE TO LEARNING
Research has shown that one of the biggest factors in the success of a student through their school life is a strong partnership between home and school.
It is essential that effective partnerships between home and school are established at the earliest opportunity. If you have a concern about your son/daughter’s welfare please raise this in the appropriate manner through contact with your child's Form Tutor.
At Raynes Park High School we have a strong Pastoral Team and are very aware of the need to care for the social and emotional well-being of every student. Please be assured that if a student is upset or concerned by any event in school we will look into the incident and provide support and take necessary action if required.
HOME - SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
Raynes Park High School prides itself on being a successful school that places student well-being at its very core. Regular attendance is most important for our students to achieve their best in school and we expect all students to have at least 96% attendance each term. It is important that students attend regularly, and on time, every day unless there is an unavoidable reason for the absence.
If your child is absent you must:
• Contact us as soon as possible on the first day of absence; ring the school on 0208 946 4112 and dial 2 for student absence. Please leave a clear message that states your child’s name, their tutor group and reason for absence
• Send a note in on the first day they return with an explanation of the absence – you must do this even if you have already telephoned us; this can be a letter, appointment card, letter from the GP or a signed and dated note in the student planner
• If you are unable to ring or email, you can call into school and report to reception, who will arrange for a member of staff to speak with you as soon as possible.
We expect all of our students to arrive at school, registration,
lessons and other appointments made with staff, on time:
• The school day begins with registration – students should be in their form rooms by 8.35am
• Please note, the Bushey Road back gate will be locked at 8.35am
• The register is taken by Form Tutors at 8.40am and it is expected that at 8.40am students are sitting in their seats ready with their equipment for the morning
• Lesson 1 starts promptly at 9.00am
• Students will be classed as late if they arrive after 8.40am
• Students who arrive after 8.40am should go to Reception to sign in and receive the late stamp to show to the Form Tutor/teacher of Lesson 1
• Students who arrive after 8.40am will be issued with a 30 minute after school detention.